Wednesday 2 November 2011

Who do you confront?

Ok sisters, I have a question for you. No it's a series of questions. A deluge.

You have been having this hunch that he is cheating. All the signs have been prominent but you just could not get your hands on it.
All of a sudden he jumps whenever you play with him phone. He is unusually defensive and edgy. He has become extra sensitive. He comes home tired. His favourite dish no longer makes him beam. He stares blankly at the TV and frequently pressing his phone buttons. If you ever ask if he is expecting a call two things happen: either he tells you of a business opportunity or becomes worked out and aggressive. 'Baby, it was just a question'. All of a sudden he gets a lot of wrong numbers. Mhmmm, so your man has become famous girl! LOL!

Then things happen, we know they always do. Then you sister, assign yourself as a 'detective'. First stop, is his cellphone. Need I explain what we do when we lay our nicely manured hands on our men's phones? I know you are chuckling because you know I know what we do. And sometimes our womens instincts had been right sometimes they are not.

So as you go through his phonebook and messages you find nothing but one SMS from a woman saying "Hey stranger. Long time, when are we seeing you?" And there goes you sister creating a big puzzle. You think to yourself "Aha! I knew he is cheating. And they have a baby?" You misinterpret the use of 'we' by the sender. You are fuming and crying. In your head, you have all the facts right.

Or best case scenario...

You find what you have been suspecting. Messages, images - everything. I mean enough evidence that he is a cheat.

Big question is:

Who do you confront?

The other woman or your man?

Don't answer, I know what you will do. Well, may be I do, may be I do not.

But many a times we confront the other woman. And it becomes her fault. She becomes the bad person. What about the man who is mostly likely to have made the first move on the woman? How do you feel when the other woman gives you the impression she thought she was his one and only?

We become all hormonal and stoep sooooo loooow that our boobs kiss the ground LOL! We swear at them and call them cows and blitches. If it was their men that had approached you and never told you about them, would you expect them to understand?

I have no time to scream at another sister because chances are it is my dog that barked at her. Told her it loves her and a sea of lies and promises. You know what I would do? I would deal with my man. The other sister really would not have wronged me. Not unless she is someone I know or a colleague or friend. Then I would know it was a deliberate act. But what friend would do that to her own friend?

This is making me emotional. Yes we get hurt by such things but what disappoints is the way we handle or resolve the situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment